This page provides information on how to resolve some common problems and errors you may experience when running the StrongDM macOS Client.
The desktop app won’t open when I click on the SDM icon.
- This can happen if you run the client from inside the downloaded disk image (DMG) instead of from Applications. Double-click the downloaded DMG file to open the SDM disk image, and then drag it to the Applications folder.
It says No datasources available.
- You are currently not assigned access to any datasources. Contact your StrongDM administrator to ensure you have been assigned to a role.
I can't log in with Email.
- Confirm with your StrongDM administrator that they have created an account for you in StrongDM, and that the account matches your email.
I can't login with Okta or another SSO.
- With Okta or another SSO Confirm with your StrongDM administrator that they have created an account for you in StrongDM, and that the account matches your email. Also, confirm with your SSO system administrator that you have been assigned to the StrongDM app in the SSO console.
My desktop app just says RECONNECTING.
- This means that your client cannot connect to any of the gateways hosted by your organization. Contact your StrongDM administrator to find out if there are any local system issues.
All my ports show CONNECTED, but I can’t really connect.
- If you are using Mac or Windows OS, open the desktop app. If the resource you’re trying to use has a yellow triangle, that means the remote database or server is offline. Check with your StrongDM administrator.
My database connection isn’t working.
- Some clients or servers have specific requirements for connection strings. See the client connections page for more detail.
I don’t see the option to configure visible datasources or the Search field.
- You’ll only see the option to configure visible datasources if you have access to nine or more resources. You’ll only see Search if you have access to 30 or more resources.